CBC - ITIS Technical Consultant (DACH)
Position responsibilities and expectations
- Leads or participates in the successful delivery of complex customer IT infrastructure projects from planning, design to implementation.
- Solves complex, cross-functional issues that cross technologies in server, storage, O/S, virtualization, consolidation, middleware, security applications, operations and security.
Technical Skills required
- Understanding of IT infrastructure architectures, experience in planning, design & implementation of Data Center and EUC environments.
- Experience in leading a team in applying all elements of Technical Consulting
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Possesses wide base of experience in many disciplines of information technology with emphasis on: Data Center Designs and Consolidations, Virtualization (Server, Storage, Desktop), Storage and Network
- Leads technical performance assessment of systems, applications and databases
- Demonstrated industry awareness
- Must be comfortable making Disaster Recovery Models or recommendations.
- Understanding of Datacenter applications
Consulting skills required
- Passionate, persuasive, articulate data center technical professional capable of quickly establishing interest and credibility in how to design, deploy and operate server based technologies within the virtualized data center of the future.
- Strong written, verbal and chalk board skills
- Experience in working in Prince2 or PMI methodology managed projects
- Several years’ experience in Project Management within a large organization
- Experience in enterprise applications, solutions and data center infrastructures
- Understands and can articulate the technical merits and value of data center virtualization
- Strong customer-interaction skills and architectural skills.
- Ability to quickly establish credibility and excitement with data center personnel, as well as work collaboratively and in a hands-on manner with technical professionals.
- Proven ability to document appropriate technical information to serve as base for training, technical operations run books and knowledge objects.
- Bachelors/Masters degree in Computer Science or similar or equivalent relevant work with 7 years of experience
- MCSE/MCITP is an asset
- Minimum of 5 year experience as a systems engineer, solution architect or infrastructure consultant
- Exposure and working level knowledge of working with and interfacing to global delivery teams
- Very strong communication and presentation skills up to senior management level
- Experience working with off-shore models
- Travel required
- Fluent in English and German
Cognizant (NASDAQ: CTSH) is a leading provider of information technology, consulting, and business process outsourcing services, dedicated to helping the world’s leading companies build stronger businesses. Visit us online at http://www.cognizant.com or follow us on Twitter: Cognizant.
Andreas Hörmann, Recruiting Manager Germany